Hello May Watts families -
I hope you enjoyed your summer break. I wanted to take a moment to let you know the PTA is working on making this another great year at May Watts. Here are a few things you should know:
- Our first and favorite event, the Ice Cream Social, is scheduled for Thursday September 7thfrom 6:30-8PM. Bring the whole family out for community, fun and free ice cream!
- We look forward to another great year of helping our teachers, improving the school and providing a variety of fun and educational experiences for our great community. If you are looking or have ever considered getting more involved in the PTA we have a number of opportunities available. A few immediate needs:
- The PTA is looking for two new board members - School Morale Standing Chair and Educational Enrichment Standing Chair. These are the "managers" of the committee chairs under each area. The committees under these areas are already filled, we are looking for someone motivated and interested in helping their child's school to step up and help connect the committees with the PTA Board.
- Membership in PTAwill be even easier this year. We will have a table at Ice Cream Social so bring your $20 membership fee and take care of it in 2 minutes - no forms, no mail. You will gain access to our exciting NEW web interface, Membership Toolkit, that launches this month. It will make joining, donating, volunteering and keeping connected with the PTA much easier.
- We are excited to launch the first-ever May Watts Color Runon Saturday, October 7th. This fun family fundraiser will take place at May Watts and should be a great time for all involved. More details in backpacks when school starts. We are in the process of identifying event sponsors for the t-shirts and after-party booths. If you know a company (or home-based business) that would like to sponsor and advertise, please contact us!
If you are interested in helping the PTA in the positions above, please contact Matt Jones firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa Kuhn email@example.com for more information.
We are always looking for new help with PTA. We cannot do the great work we do without your support.